Saturday 29 June 2013

Top ten gadgets 2013

In the style of the geek gurl diaries, I'm going to tell you my top ten gadgets.

10. My gorilla flexible tripod. - a great tripod, versatile and fits lots of devices.

9. My school laptop. - for working at home.

8. My GHDs- hair straighteners which are BRILLIANT.

7. Play station 3.- it has a blue ray player, you can download movies and games, you can watch catchup tv on it and there are other movie channel programs. I really recommend this for the graphic, I used to be a big Wii fan but have been converted as the novelty of the motion sensors in the Wii controller wore off. 

6. Breo watch- I shamefully bought this from a gadget shop, but in my defence, it was very cheap ( I got mine for £4.00) it's really light and because it's mostly made of a natural rubber material, it doesn't irritate my skin like a lot of metal watches do.

5. Easy speak- I use this for podcasts nearly everyday with my class for the school radio. They are simple to use and hold quite a few sound bytes. Perfect for small interviews or reports to wrap up your lesson with.

4. Digital camera- I bought this as I kept feeling bad about taking the school camera home, and although I usually use my phone to take photos when I'm out, I can't take photos in my class to record practical activities to put on the VLE (virtual learning environment) as using a phone is a safeguarding issue. I really like mine and love the case I got for it. It works as a hd camera and I hope to make a few videos for my YouTube channel that actually have some value soon.

3. Netbook- I have a small netbook, it's great for quick search and typing documents quite quickly. I would love a chrome book, but that will have to come after a new computer. 

2. Tablet- In my case, I have bought an iPad mini. I love it and can tell the difference between this and the retina display iPad. It has the same memory capacity and can use all the same apps. I got mine for blogging, surfing the Internet, as an E reader, and for the educational apps for my class- the new augmented reality apps are amazing to use as a writing stimulus and the phonics apps.

1. Smart phone- Mine is a iPhone 4. I haven't missed Siri and its perfect for what I use it for- Facebook, twitter, FaceTime, Internet, calls, emails and text. The maps app is extremely useful too. All in all I love this the best as its like a more portable tablet.

That's all from me.

Over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment