Sunday 15 September 2013

Send more mail!

The age where mail and communication is fast dying out; I came home last week and nearly cried at the bills that were sent to me through the post. Nothing was personal. No one really talks anymore or seems to care about the little things in life. In a world where time is money and no one has the time to stop and think, I have made a personal target this academic year to send more mail.

I have got in touch with a teacher in Poland and have started to exchange letters between the children in our classes and form a link in a Polish school. I feel there is a life skill to writing a letter. I made a writing frame for my children and got them to write about their favourite colours and food and a bit about themselves. More updates to come. 


I have also signed up for the post crossing. A completely free to join scheme I had been made aware of by our geography subject leader at school. The idea is great- to encourage people to send postcards to people in different countries and you will receive postcards in return. I hope to display the ones we receive in our classroom near our Language of the Month display.
This is a dying art, I urge everyone to get involved.

 http://www.postcrossing.com

No comments:

Post a Comment